Monday, March 29, 2010

Traveling to our future home

This past weekend we headed to our "new home." On Saturday we looked at nearly fifteen places to live with our parents. Then we drove around and explored the area and checked out the hospital where Drew will start working on July 1, 2010. Unfortunately I didn't have my memory card with me and didn't get any pictures at the hospital or of the area. I consider myself a photo-holic because I am constantly pulling out my camera and snapping photos all the time... so I am a bit ashamed that I didn't take any photos to document our first visit to our new home. After exploring all day on Saturday and seeing so many places I was absolutely exhausted and overwhelmed (and a bit overtired from a busy week). Luckily after getting a good nights sleep Drew and I had clearer heads and decided on a place to live! We are very excited and I cannot tell you how much of a relief it is to found a place! Again, no photos (hangs head in shame), but maybe we'll get some next time we visit. So that's all the news I've got, but its pretty big news to us. Hopefully if all goes well this week we'll be able to cross "housing" off the to do list!

7 comments:

Kelsey Claire said...

Yeah for crossing something off of your list! It always feels so good. Housing is a very important item to cross off of your list. Will you be able to stay at the same job, or will you have to find another one?

Ams said...

That's awesome! Seriously.... one thing less to worry about and that's a HUGE one right?
Things are coming along my friend... it's all going to work out :)
And *gasp* how dare you forget the camera ;)

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Congrats on crossing that off your list so quickly! I bet you feel much better now. :)

Elle said...

Wow! What a relief to have housing settled, and how great to get to drive around and see your new hometown... hopefully that will help you get really excited about the big move!

How did you find a house already if you're moving in July, is it in an apartment complex or are you buying a home? We're moving for medical school in July, and I've been looking and looking but I feel trapped b/c we can't sign a lease yet.....

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Yay! Congratulations!! That was one of the hardest parts about starting internship for us, so I'm glad you have it in the bag. Can't wait to see pictures at some point!

Anonymous said...

Marissa, congratulations to you and Drew. I am happy about the match and thrilled that you found a place to live. As for being comfortable in the midwest, perfect spot, then, to do residency. I'm dying to know what his chosen field is...but I can understand your not wanting to tell. Good luck to you, too, on finding an appropriate position!

Eva said...

haha i'm a photoholic too. it's good to document life though.