Sunday, May 9, 2010

Time is Flying

I still cannot believe it is May, and its flying by! We've been super busy, Drew's winding up school, I'm busy with work, then we try and fit some packing in at night, and we're trying to get everything ready for closing, as well as schedule some updates to be done before we move in. Oh, and I'm also trying to look for a new job. That's not going so well, and with the expenses of closing, and moving adding up, I've had a few meltdowns, freaking out about money and making everything work. Unfortunately the job hunt is very time consuming and I've only had time to apply to about a dozen jobs. Each cover letter and application takes more time than I anticipate, so I just haven't done as much applying as I'd like. And then of course I've only even gotten two acknowledgements of my applications - which is not too encouraging. For now I'll keep applying and try not too freak out too much until we're into July. I'm hoping after we move I can devote more time to the job search in June. So not too much to report here.

This weekend we'll be mortgage owners, next weekend I'll be a dawkter's wife, and the following weekend we'll be residents of a new location.

And hopefully next month - I'll debut the new blog!

10 comments:

Jessica @ Acting Adult said...

I don't think you should be too worried if you don't get a note from the prospective employer about receiving your app. Unfortunately, I don't think many people do that anymore.

Good luck on the packing and the moving and the searching!

Ams said...

Can you believe next weekend they will be DOCTORS!? I am kind of having a hard time wrapping my brain around it all. I am SO sad that I won't be able to be at his graduation - but he thinks it's more important if I head out his way right before residency begins. Help move into his new place and have some downtime before the craziness begins... good plan right?!

Keep on plugging along lovely lady. Things will fall into place as far as a job is concerned... things always seem to work out it's just a matter of us relaxing and trusting that it will work out right?? Yes, I know - easier said than done! But I am thinking of you guys...

Jamie said...

I agree with Jessica. I think notes of acknowledgment have (sadly) gone by the wayside.

We are moving next Monday and I feel like I want to kick something every time I start to pack. Not fun, and it's a thankless task.

Good luck with your move and everything will shake out!

Katie said...

A lot is sure going on, but it's all so exciting! My MS1 has been accepted to the Navy program and it was a lot of going back and forth (mostly on his part--I'm all for it). I know that there will definitely be trying times, but aren't there always?

I feel 'ya on the job situation. Last summer I must have applied to over 50 teaching positions and never once got even one call back! Then, just yesterday out of the blue, I got a call for a position. Too bad I'm not able to take it. Just keep moving forward and it'll all work out. I'm excited to hear about your adventures.

Katie

Happy Dash said...

oh the craziness! I can't believe I'll be in your shoes next year. Praying for you through all of it, but keep pushing through! You can do it :)

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Hang in there, Marissa!!

If you don't have a job for a couple of weeks/months after you move it will NOT be the end of the world. You will have time to unpack and acclimate to your new city. And you will have your husband's income to depend on. That's such a huge benefit of residency.

Everything will work out - you will find something great. It just might take some time.

Thinking of you!! And congrats to you both for surviving med school!

lawschoolwife said...

Oh gosh, that does sound like a tremendously busy month! I know breakdowns are inevitable, but take heart that all of your problems are "good" problems to have, ie buying a home, moving for your husband's residency. Not too helpful when you watch the numbers in the checking account dwindle, but it's for a good cause and keep your eye on the big picture, not the little numbers (well, more than you have to!)!

Bea said...

hang in there! I can totally relate on the money freak-outs but believe me, it all will work out. Keep breathing and ENJOY THIS TIME! It's so special!!

TheFamousStacie said...

I feel your pain! One year ago we did the same thing and I have the credit card balance to prove it! Of course then we girded up our loins and did it all again...

We only had one credit card last May and had zero balance. With the whole move ... and then the other move... it sits today at approximately $10,000. Soooooo painful.

Ams said...

Been thinking about you!!
I hope you're doing well :)
z