Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What I've Been Up To

It is hard to believe that we are already in the fourth (and final week) of sub-internship #1. Although it has been difficult it has already gone by pretty quickly. I think that part of that can be attributed to the fact that I have been keeping myself quite busy. I've been taking more time for work, and working out and have also been baking and doing a bit of organizing. These things seem to keep me busy every week night and surprisingly, I have been so busy that I've even been up past my usual bedtime most nights! Two weeks ago I made this delicious and healthy Zucchini Spice Cake but I must admit mine didn't look as pretty as Gina's!

And I think maybe I added too much vanilla because my frosting was a little runny.

Although it didn't look picture perfect I still think it was a DELICIOUS spice cake! Last week I made a nectarine and blueberry crisp. I will try and post the recipe in the future.

Some less fun things I've done are: killed a few bugs (gross I know!); taken out the trash; and I tried my hand at ironing (all ordinarily "husband jobs."). Although I am managing while Drew is gone he will definitely resume these duties upon his return. I am absolutely horrible at ironing. I often make more wrinkles than I iron out! Unfortunately, pant suits look funny without that pleat in the front, but for now I am just trying my best until my master iron-er returns! (Seriously, he unusually, fabulous at ironing!)

I still haven't mastered the whole sleeping alone thing though. I am still falling asleep on the couch and then moving to the bed when I wake up in the middle of the night. This is something I really need to get past. But it won't be tonight. Maybe next week?

3 comments:

C. said...

Joe is equally fabulous at ironing. I can't do it, and I hate it! Haha. Sorry to hear you're having trouble sleeping :(

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

It's the killing bugs that does it for me. I'm impressed!

Would you get to bed earlier if you chose to read for a few minutes before falling asleep, rather than watching tv? Whenever my hubs isn't around, that's what I do. I think it gets me nice and sleepy and makes it easier to fall asleep without someone next to me to cuddle.

Mrs. D said...

Congrats on making it through the first sub-I! Sounds like you've mastered the art of keeping busy. When my husband is on call, I sometimes fall into the bad habit of eating too much and watching too much TV. But I have the same problem of not being able to sleep without him. Makes for some late nights. Last time he was on call, I got in bed early and tried to read myself to sleep. But the washing machine made some weird noises and I was all jumpy. I definitely prefer having the TV on for the comforting noise.