Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Cards

I just got around to ordering our's tonight. Last year I had them by this time already.
Drew had wanted to get a picture with Abe Lincoln (there are a few statutes around town), but because I am worried about time, it is not going to happen. I am thankful that Drew is being so understanding because when I wouldn't allow it last year, I promised him it would be our Christmas card this year. But unfortunately, we are going to be out of town the next several weekends and won't be able to get the picture taken. Technically, we could go during my lunch break, but the statutes are around the capitol and I am a little worried about running into other lawyers, and I would be a bit embarrassed for them to see us taking a picture with Abe - it just seems like a touristy thing to do!
Anyways here are a few photos that we chose not to use....

I look like I am flinching and it looks a little too similar to our engagement photos (shown on the top left side of the blog)

Please pretend you don't see my grey hair!

This one came in a close second; actually I am now second guessing my decision. . . .


I must note - photography by Lindsay Vickers (she gave me a hard time when I didn't give her credit when I posted one of the pics on facebook).
And one more just for laughs:

I finally realized that Drew had been sporting his "blue steel" pose for the past several photos.

7 comments:

Mrs. D said...

These are so cute!

What company did you use? Have you used them before?

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA. I do like ur second choice, and curious to see your first choice! I need to pick one and order ours! What compainy did u use?
Thanks for the shout out! Haha

Mrs. C. said...

These are sooo cute! you two are naturals!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I actually like the second one, closer up. You guys have great expressions in that one!

MW said...

You look so great with your hair down! The last one is definitely the best. Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

PS Mr. will be in your neck of the woods in a couple weeks! So bummed I can't join him. Are you sure Drew doesn't want to interview in NYC?? ;)

Mrs. D said...

Thanks for responding to my question! :-) I can't believe they are amateur photos - they look so professional!

Would you share where you ordered your cards?

Mrs. D said...

Yay for WalMart! That beats any price I've found.