Speaking of waiting, I've also been waiting on the court to rule on a Summary Decision that was filed this past summer, as well as the appellate court to make a decision on a case that I appealed last July. The legal system moves quite slowly. The wait time on the summary decision isn't too much of a surprise because it is an administrative case (meaning its before an administrative law judge rather than in a regular court of law), and we were told that they wouldn't get to the decision before January. But as far as the appeal, it is somewhat frustrating because the average decision time in the appellate court is 6 weeks. Unfortunately its been seven months and still no decision. Which probably isn't a good sign, but there isn't much I can do but wait.
Which brings me back to my original topic, waiting for match day. Its a somewhat awkward period because interviews are over, but you cannot start planning for your future because you don't know what or where you are planning for. Rather than drive myself crazy I've decided to set a few goals for myself to keep myself distracted. Not like I am bored, but my life could use a bit more productiveness. And since I'm not always good at follow through I figured I'd blog about a few of my goals to keep myself somewhat accountable. And I must confess, some of these things have been on my "to-do list" for a long time. So in the three weeks, or 20 days, however you want to count it, I'd like accomplish the following:
- Clean out/organize the pantry (it is totally disorganized right now)
- Clean out my closet and donate items to Good Will (I have too many clothes that I never wear).
- Clean off my desk and "desk area." I'm embarrassed to say that I have a several stacks about a foot high of mail, paperwork, bills and filing that need to be organized, filed or shredded. And even more embarrassing is that there are piles around and underneath my desk as well. Photo courtesy of: http://www.greenberg-art.com/.Illustrations/.Humorous/MessyDesk.html
- Organize pictures and put them in frames. (This is somewhat related to my desk issue as I have a huge basket of pictures and frames that need to be updated and organized)
- Scrapbook Drew's whole match experience (I made him take pictures at each location).
- Lose those 5 or so Thanksgiving-Christmas-Vacation Pounds
I'm hoping that by blogging about these goals, I might actually follow-through with (at least some of) them? Well here is to hoping I have a very productive 3 weeks/20 days and that they pass by quickly!