Monday, December 1, 2008

Wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend

Well we definitely made the most of our 4-day weekend! Wednesday night we arrived in Crystal Lake in time to have a late-night dinner with my parents and Gina, Damien and Gaston.
Thursday morning Drew and Gina woke up early to run an 8 a.m. 5K run and then we spent the morning drinking Pumpkin Martinis! Thanksgiving was wonderful - we got to see most of my Dad's side of the family, plus some of my Mother's side of the family.
As if we didn't eat enough Thursday, on Friday morning Tiffany cooked a breakfast of eberskeebers (stuffed pancakes filled with different fillings) and omlettes. After filling our bellies we went to see the movie 4 Christmases - (Gina gave it two thumbs down, I thought it wasn't the best movie I've seen but it wasn't bad). We then opened Christmas presents before bundling up and heading to Woodstock for the "lighting of the square." (Gaston opening the bongo drum from Drew & me).

Saturday morning was filled with brunch with the neighbors and gingerbread-house making - or as Gina would refer to it as a gingerbread house competition. Below (from left to right) are the Prioletti, Gabbert and Bianchi gingerbread houses.

Saturday afternoon both Gina and Tiffany hit the road back to Wisconsin and my parents headed to a holiday party so Drew and I had dinner at Lou Malnati's with Elizabeth and followed it by a tasty dessert with the Craigens at their home.

Sunday morning we went to Aurora for Christmas shopping with the Spencers and then fought the snow storm on the road home. But we made it home last night all safe and sound. So that was our weekend in a nutshell. I will post more later about Drew's experience with colo-rectal surgery.

No comments: