Monday, October 5, 2009

Away Rotation #3

It's 10:00 p.m. and I still haven't heard from Drew (other than 1 text message) today. At his last two away rotations he may have had long nights, but his first day was usually a short one. So I am a bit surprised that he is still working!
I'm sure he doesn't mind though - he is actually probably happy about it. Drew doesn't have much tolerance for administrative tasks and usually that is what the majority of the first day involves. So being that he isn't off yet I imagine he is in the O.R. and glad to already be getting his hands dirty.
I'm not going to stay up because who knows how late he'll be, so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear about his first day!

1 comment:

Ams said...

S's first days have always been insanely long :(
I think the earliest he got home one day was 10:30 p.m.
S is also the same way... NO time for the paperwork, which is usually all-consuming on the first day.
How did the first day go?
Was he in the OR?