Sunday, January 18, 2009

Disappointing weekend

We haven't spent a weekend in Springfield in about six weeks and I was so looking forward to a weekend at home. I still have so much to catch up on from last year. There are so many things that need to be done... and they didn't get done this weekend. I came home early from work on Friday because I didn't feel well. I figured it was just because I didn't get any sleep Thursday night (due to our neighbor - another story). But as the evening went on my throat got worse and I realized I was getting sick. I went into work briefly on Saturday because I have an appellate brief due Tuesday. But the rest of yesterday and today has been spent laying in bed/couch. Luckily today I felt well enough to wash a few loads of laundry in between my attempted naps, but other than that, it was a very disappointing and unproductive weekend. It is already past mid-January and I still do not feel like I am back in a routine yet - I feel like I am spinning my wheels and nothing actually gets done. Hopefully this cold is at the end and I can get back on my feet this week and actually get things done. Such a frustrating feeling!

On the neighbor front- Thursday night they decided to get into a fight in which he "kicked her out" - and Drew and I found out way too much about their messed up relationship. And somehow just when we managed to get back to sleep after their massive fight we woke up to them making up- which was the last straw. So Drew was wonderful and went over and spoke to them Friday night - so far we have had two peaceful nights of uninterrupted sleep. Hopefully this will continue and we won't have to move all the furniture around, because we sure didn't get to it this weekend!

No comments: