Friday, January 2, 2009

On the Road

It is now 10:30 eastern time and we have stopped for the evening in Dalton, Georgia. Despite 14 hours on the road today we are only slightly more than half way. Traffic and construction has greatly slowed us down.

My stomach is not happy with me - it might have something to do with the fact that I had Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, Steak N Shake for lunch followed up by a well rounded artery clogging dinner at Taco Bell. Below is a photo of the sign at the hotel we are staying tonight.

Brr! It is a brisk 45 degrees which is a chilly difference from the 70-something degree whether when we left this morning. I am not looking forward to the Illinois weather! I will post photos and comments from Christmas and our trip later this weekend or next week... for now I am off to get some rest.

No comments: