Friday, January 8, 2010

Another first

It's my 27th Birthday today! And my sweet darling husband is gone on an interview. But thank goodness he will be home late tonight, so at least I won't have to sleep alone! It made me realize that this is the first Birthday he is unavailable to celebrate with me, and it will probably be the first of many as he will often be working late nights or on call during residency. Surprisingly I'm okay with it because I'm accepting that holidays and birthdays will just have to be celebrated on alternative days. It doesn't make them any less special, we will just have to adapt to the demands of medicine. Tonight I'll be hanging out with my close friend Shannon, and then hopefully, the med student and I will be able to do something special tomorrow!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday! I just hope he doesn't forget like my husband did... I hope today treats you well!

Unknown said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday and get to so something extra special tomorrow with your husband!

Mrs. C. said...

Happy birthday girlie! The same thing happened to my birthday in November and my fiance's 5 days prior to mine. He had interviews or was driving to an interview on both days. Unlike you, I was pretty bummed out. I like your attitude and need to adapt it asap. :) Hope you have a lovely birthday celebration when he comes back!

Amanda Wissmann said...

Well, Happy Birthday! Hope its a blessed one.

BTW Found you on 20sb :)

MW said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you had fun tonight. :)