Monday, March 23, 2009

Last week of Ob-gyn

And there are no sad faces in our household! Although the end of a unit does mean a test - so Drew is using his free-time to study for the exam which is on Friday. Then next week he will begin Neuro-radiology which he should enjoy. It will only be for two-weeks because it is a 3rd year elective. This year he had two, 2-week periods in which he could choose an elective to take. His first two week period he "elected" to take a break because he was in-between the two most intense 10-week rotations, Internal Medicine and Surgery. But this time there will be no break, but hopefully lots of learning. In other news he submitted his sub-Internship application to Northwestern, hoping to do a 4-week neurosurgery rotation there this fall. They don't start reviewing applications until May but Drew wanted to have his application there as soon as possible. We're also starting to ask for prayers in the whole residency process. Even though its a year away I am finding myself losing sleep already - which is why I am praying not only about applying to residency but also for peace of mind and peace in my heart. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope, and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

ob/gyn isn't so bad!! LOL! I kid, I kid....it's terrible at times. My husband is a 3rd year ob resident and it has, at times...sucked the very life from all of us. It' "surgery (residency) in disguise!"

The whole process of medical school, the step I, II, III...applications, interviews, the match...residency!! It's a strain...mentally, emotionally, and financially. Hang in there. Hugs!